Understand the basic functions and responsibilities of non-profit boards. This workshop will arm participants with helpful skills to apply to their own boards. It will include topics related to structure, board culture, and best practices.
As a participant you will:
- Learn what “good governance” is
- Explore your board’s strategic, generative and fiduciary responsibilities
- Receive tools and resources to assist your board in achieving organizational goals
- Anyone beginning their engagement on a non-profit board or wanting to learn skills essential to serving on a board
- Date: November 30, 2016
- Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Location: Room TBA, Kahanoff Centre: 105-12 Ave SE
- Pricing: Just Reduced Rates – Members $50.00; Non-Member $100.00; (If cost is a barrier to attending this workshop, let us know. We have limited bursary options.)
- Refreshments and light snacks will be provided
As we want to hear from and learn alongside a variety of charities and non-profit organizations there is a maximum of two registrants per organization. If you have more than two colleagues interested in registering for the workshop, consider signing up for a facilitated learning session. Contact Jeff D’Silva at (403) 231-1431 or firstname.lastname@example.org with inquiries.
To cancel your registration, please notify Lori DeLuca at (403) 231-1439 or email@example.com 24 hours in advance of the workshop, in which a full refund can be given at that time. Last minute cancellations and no shows will have the option to transfer their registration to another workshop within the same year, otherwise no refund will be given.