Understand the basic functions and responsibilities of non-profit boards. This workshop will arm participants with helpful skills to apply to their own boards. It will include topics related to structure, board culture, and best practices.
As a participant you will:
- Learn what “good governance” is
- Understand governing, managing and implementing in your non-profit
- Know your general legal duties and responsibilities
- Receive tools and resources to assist your board in achieving organizational goals, along with a workbook to share your learning with fellow board members
- Learn the importance of ongoing recruitment and training
Anyone beginning their engagement on a non-profit board or wanting to learn skills essential to serving on a board
- Date: April 06, 2016
- Time: 5:00pm – 8:00pm
- Location: Room #204, The Kahanoff Conference Centre, Floor 2 – 105 – 12 Avenue SE, T2G 1A1
- Pricing: Member $75.00 Non-Member $150.00
- Refreshments and light snacks will be provided
As we want to hear from and learn alongside a variety of charities and non-profit organizations there is a maximum of two registrants per organization. If you have more than two colleagues interested in registering for the workshop, consider signing up for a facilitated learning session. Contact Jeff D’Silva at (403) 231-1431 or email@example.com with inquiries.
To cancel your registration, please notify Hannah Coderre at (403) 231-1427 or firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours in advance of the workshop, in which a full refund can be given at that time. Last minute cancellations and no shows will have the option to transfer their registration to another workshop within the same year, otherwise no refund will be given.