Wah hoo, you want to volunteer. The community, and you, is better for it.
Volunteers are a vital resource for the non-profit sector. In our work to strengthen organizations, Propellus aims to provide resources to help organizations succeed. We continue to promote volunteerism and connect volunteers and non-profit organizations through our website, the largest volunteer opportunities database in Calgary.
Visit Our Volunteer Opportunity Database and get started today.
How to Volunteer in Calgary
- Decide what kind of volunteer opportunity you want – consider your skills, interests, and availability.
- Search the Propellus Volunteer Database (above).
- Contact the organization directly to apply.
There’s a sign up form where you can select which opportunities are most interesting to you. It will email your customized list direct to your inbox.
Each organization has a slightly different volunteer application and intake process. Depending on the organization and position, you may be asked to:
- complete an application form
- send your resume & references
- meet for an interview
- get a police check
- get a child welfare check
- attend an orientation attend specialized training